ISO 20000-1:2018 - IT Service Management System
ISO/IEC 20000 is the first worldwide standard specifically aimed at IT Service Management. It describes an integrated set of management processes for the effective delivery of services to the business and its customers.
ISO/IEC 20000 is aligned with and complementary to the process approach defined within ITIL from the Office of Government Commerce (OGC).
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 is the formal Specification and defines the requirements for an organization to deliver managed services of an acceptable quality for its customers. The scope includes:
- Requirements for a management system
- Planning and implementing service management
- Planning and implementing new or changed services
- Service delivery process
- Relationship processes
- Resolution processes
- Control processes and
- Release processes
ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 is the Code of Practice and describes the best practices for Service Management processes within the scope of ISO/IEC 20000-1.
To ensure the quality, reliability and continuity of information technology services, a organization needs to implement methodologies and tools. Incorporating the principles of ISO 9001 and the major ITIL processes, ISO 20000-1 acts as a single framework for the delivery of an organisation’s Information Technology services.
Benefits of IS0 20000 IT Management System Implementation
- Alignment of information technology services and business strategy become easy
- Formal framework is developed to identify improvements in ongoing projects
- Provides a benchmark type comparison with best practices
- Promotes consistent and cost-effective services and also groom the culture.
- Reduces risk and cost in terms of precise service delivery
- Enhanced reputation and perception
- Improves relationship between different departments via better interaction and communication
- Maintain balance among resources and different objectives