ISO 22000:2018 - Food Safety Management System
ISO 22000:2018 Food Safety Management System specifies requirements for a food safety where an organization in the food manufacturing as well as supply chain needs to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe at the time of human consumption.
Food safety is a concern throughout the globe as human health issues can significantly impact on business and its growth in real manner. ISO 22000:2018 specifies requirements to enable an organization
- to plan, implement, operate, maintain and update a food safety management system aimed at providing products that, according to their intended use, are safe for the consumer,
- to demonstrate compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory food safety requirements,
- to evaluate and assess customer requirements and demonstrate conformity with those mutually agreed customer requirements that relate to food safety, in order to enhance customer satisfaction,
- to effectively communicate food safety issues to their suppliers, customers and relevant interested parties in the food chain,
- to ensure that the organization conforms to its stated food safety policy,
- to demonstrate such conformity to relevant interested parties, and
- to seek certification or registration of its food safety management system by an external organization, or make a self-assessment or self-declaration of conformity to ISO 22000:2018.
Benefits of ISO 22001 Food Safety Management System
- Organization becomes able to show control of known food hazards.
- Continual improvement in all areas of operation can be achieved
- Use of the internationally recognized certification mark enables an organization to develop system in line with other recognized management systems such as quality (ISO 9001) and environmental (ISO 14001) together
- Thorough traceability is maintained right from source till the destination
- Satisfaction of end customer as well as consumer is achieved