ISO 21001 - Educational Organisation Management System
What is ISO 21001?
ISO 21001 is a quality management system that aims to standardise education management to ensure it meets learners’ needs. It’s intended to help schools, colleges, training providers and other educational organisations implement best practice. It is based on the widely followed ISO 9001 quality management systems.
Around the world, education quality varies significantly. This means that in some cases, learners are not receiving the best level of education available. As an Educational Organisation Management System (EOMS), ISO 21001 attempts to address this problem. To do so, it emphasises several concepts related to education management best practice as follows
- Education quality depends on trained facilitators/teachers
- A learner-centric approach
- Good resources and facilities
- Curriculum and material relevant to the learners
- Family and societal support
- Gender-sensitive design of fundamentals
- A safe and conducive learning environment
The standard aims to help educational establishments improve quality by incorporating these concepts and objectives into their teaching and training methods. ISO 21001 also recognises that technology is revolutionising every facet of the education system, from streamlining homework assignments and marking to giving special needs students more personalised support.
Why Certification Is Important?
ISO 21001 certification is intended to ensure that education providers are offering the highest quality instruction available to learners. In the coming years, ISO 21001 will be increasingly recognised as an independent measure of an education provider’s quality. Therefore, any organisation that offers teaching and training will benefit from having their education management assessed against the standard.
The ISO 21001 certification will enable you to provide educational services in a more effective and efficient manner, and to offer a more personalized experience to all learners, particularly to those with special education needs and distance learners. Moreover, by becoming ISO 21001 certified, you can demonstrate to stakeholders that you are committed towards improving your educational system.
Benefits of the ISO 21001 EOMS include
- Empowers you to deliver more effective and efficient educational services, offering a customised experience to every learner, while supporting people with special educational needs.
- Helps educational organisations to ensure that learners receive the desired quality of education, while improving the learner’s productivity, safety and wellbeing.
- Enhance competitiveness and credibility.
- Sustainable growth.
- Enhance brand reputation.
- Overall improvement of education system.
- Promote equal opportunities for all students regardless of their religious background, ethnic or cultural origin, gender, ability/disability
- Provide personalized training and effective response to all learners
- Stimulate excellence and innovation
- Better alignment of educational mission, vision, objectives and action plans
- Widened participation of interested parties