ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management System
ISO 45001:2018 is an occupational health and safety management system standard that promotes safe and healthy working environment to all people working within organization at all levels. This management system enables an organization to prevent potential risk from happening in actual and improve performance of its processes.
ISO 45001:2018 helps the organization to define the occupational health and safety policies and objectives including compliance to legal and other requirements. An organization implementing this standard shall focus to minimize risks, accidents and hazards, improve employee motivation and involvement. During implementation of this system, approach of top management has to be centralized in order to meet of current Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards as well as law of the land. In many countries, OHSAS 18001 is becoming mandatory requirement of Ministry Of Health And Industry.
Many national bodies like BSI, ANSI, JIS and others have developed standard based on these specifications or on their own.
- Standard of safety throughout the organization is uplifted
- Operating cost is reduced by reducing or eliminating down time in terms of health concerns
- Compliance with legal, statutory and regulatory requirements
- Improved stakeholder relationships - by safeguarding the human health and property
- Reputation of organization is improved in society
- Improved risk management by making people aware about health and safety related issues
- Business sustainability is increased