ISO 29990:2010 Learning Services for Non-Formal Education and Training
ISO 29990 is a quality management system standard for providers of education and training services. It provides unified model for a quality and professional mode of operation, as well as ordinary reference point for both LSPs and their clients for the conceptualization, development and delivery of the particular programme.
Learning Services Management Systems has been developed in reaction to the need for a generic model for professional practice and quality performance of learning service givers. Standard is essentially subdivided into two areas: learning services (for example, these services include designing, given that and monitoring of learning services) and management at the learning service supplier for example business planning, financial management, risk management as well as human resources management.
This Standard is the first Standard for learning providers that is applicable and applied on an international scale. The advantages for learning providers are transparency of their own services, global comparability and defined procedures for quality assurance.
- It determines the fundamental needs for service providers in non-formal education and training.
- Develop the transparency and comparability of the non-formal education and learning services.
- Enhances Learning services provider’s business forms and amplifying LSP's hierarchical adequacy.
- Provides total quality management and methodical development in organization for efficient learning and training services.
- Useful for learners, facilitators and other parties who encouraged by effectual learning results.
- Enhances learner confidence.
- Meet administrative needs and customer expectations.
- Enlarge efficiency, cut expenses and monitor the non-formal education and training services.